Brooksen arrived August 17, 2011 at 6:32pm. He was 7lbs. 12oz and was 19in. Everything went really well I was only in labor for 10hrs start to finish and it was one of the most wonderful, difficult experiences of my life. I will break it down in weeks :)
Hospital stay: Perfect angel! all we did all day was stared at him, snuggled, slept, and ate!!
Week 1: Trying to figure things out at home. Slightly feeling like what the crap am I doing a lot! He was so good though he slept 7hrs+ a night and hardly ever cried! I was almost feeling guilty like it was too good to be true that he was so good!
Week 2: Week 2 was a little more rough he started crying a lot more during the day and I was having a hard time figuring out why. He was still sleeping at night thank goodness! But was just super fussy during the day and it seemed like nothing I did worked to calm him down. He also started rolling over from belly to back at 13 days! The first time he did it me and chris were like um.. did he just roll over! so we tried putting him on his belly again and sure enough he flipped right over. I am still yet to catch a picture of it.
Week 3: Finally figuring out why he was so fussy! Praise the lord! He's HUNGRY DUH!! This growing boy went from 2 to 3 to 4 and sometimes 5 oz in a week and half! Then he was so much happier yay my happy baby is back! Then he didn't want to sleep at night ugh.. o well he's so stinkin adorable i'll just let him sleep with me uh.. oops! now he really doesn't wanna sleep in his bed! This week he started SMILING! Talk about making my heart melt! The first time he actually smiled at me it seriously made me cry! I look forward to that time of day every day when we get to play and he smiles at me :)
Week 4: Getting bigger! His newborn clothes are starting to get really snug he's growing SO fast I can't believe it! He is smiling so much and talking to us lots of "oo's" and "ah's" it is the cutest thing ever! He loves to just lay down by himself and talk and smile and wiggle and kick his legs if that's what he wants he'll get so annoyed until I lay him down. Independent little man! He likes it when I sing to him and whenever Chris or I walk up to him he immediately starts looking for us it's so cute!
There's a quick rundown of the last month of our new lives as parents! I absolutely love being a mom I couldn't ask for a greater calling in life he makes me feel so complete and I have never felt so happy and so much love for my little family. He is the greatest blessing we could ever have. Even though challenging at times and feeling extremely inadequate sometimes it is so worth it and I wouldn't change having him for anything! Now for a picture overload :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























1 comment:
Ha ha yay! I have been watching for an update! Remember our conversation where we kept wondering if our kids were going to be cute? I knew it dani! He is beautiful just like we predicted : ) now ill just have to wait and see. Dani I'm so so excited for you guys, he is so lucky to have such wonderful parents. You're going to be the best mom. I look up to you in so many ways, I hope I'm as great a mom as you! Love you girl, so excited for your cute family! Let me know if you need anything. Ps: I looooooovvvvee the little new born pics. They are so so stinking cute!
Post a Comment